Monday 11 December 2017

The diaper rack- the key to your sanity after a baby is born!!


The diaper rack:
I hijacked my mother's veggie shelf with wheels to use as a diaper rack. (Obviously after cleaning it very very well)


It is good to keep diapers and other baby stuff organized and makes life easier for me. Especially since it lets me be independent and not have to yell or walk around with a bad back or a hungry baby. I keep this little shelf a hand's distance away from my bed. Also, i have set up a toilet roll, (so important!) in one of the poles on the second level.
And if I need it, I take it with me when I take her for a bath. Also, you can change her in any room by dragging it to wherever you go. (Of course, inside the house)

The rolling wonder that this thing is, has 3 levels.

On the first and most easily accessible level I keep these
  • Diapers (8-10 I keep refilling before they run out)
  • Wipes
  • Hankeys - to use while feeding or to just wipe anything my baby might throw up
  • Baby lotion, Baby cream, baby massage oil, baby hair oil, baby powder
  • Hairbrush, nail clippers
  • Baby medicines
  • Diaper rash management tools- DESITIN ointment, Himalaya diaper rash cream, Klinoderm DPR cream, Vaseline petroleum jelly
  • Vaseline hand and body lotion for myself
  • My kindle- for easy access when i feed her



On the second level:
  • Plastic changing mats, with the top one being the current mat in use
  • Cup containing my medicines
  • My massage oil
  • A comb for me
  • Baby's nasal aspirators
  • Pacifiers (Which she is yet to learn to use)


On the last level:
  • Baby powder puff
  • Baby toys
  • Small cloth pieces to place beneath my baby's bum when I change her diaper 

You can organize your diaper rack however you like. This is just how I have arranged it.

As your baby grows you can keep adding or changing the things according to your convenience. For example, the cup containing my medicines returned to my bedside (post 3 months after delivery I don't have to take the regular meds anymore), instead I keep a stack of cloth nappies. Another example is the toy box which has been replaced by a larger tub to keep my baby's growing number of toys (Which I wash and sterilize every 4-5 days)

Hope this helps!

1 comment:

Creating a play zone for your baby

This is how I created a play area for my little one. My parents had gifted loads of furniture for my little one even before she was born (m...